![]() |
| 1// Beau being Beau |
![]() |
| 2// Vibrant flowers |
![]() |
| 3// Skittles the Australian Shephard |
![]() |
| 4// Friends |
![]() |
| 5// Guy |
![]() |
| 6// Beau's spotted tongue |
![]() |
| 7// Dead grass |
![]() |
| 8// Ants |
![]() |
| 9// Reche Ridge Canyon |
![]() |
| 10// Something just out of view 1// Beau The Baby, is part Chow Chow, Keeshond, and Shiba Inu, among other breeds. He sheds like it's his job. I finally broke down and bought a furminator, which is fantastic. I highly recommend it. Anyways, if you look closely at the carpet you can see several of his little Beau hairs sticking up. I vacuum all the time! I dream about having wood floors and a giant backyard. Someday. 2// The flowers (I don't know what they are) in front of that house are so bright they could almost be classified as neon. I love them. When you walk by them it is hard to look at anything else. Which is a good thing, because if you would turn around, you would see our apartment complex. Not so pleasant to look at. At least once a week Guy and I can be heard saying, "This too shall pass." 3// Skittles is a friend's dog. She has provided Beau with hours of entertainment. It will be sad when we move away. Notice my use of words ... when ... not if. 4// These are two friends of mine who were at a barbecue we were invited to this past weekend. There is nothing like sitting around a fire, eating barbecue, listening to country music, and listening to good conversation. Guy called our friends at the barbecue, "The Salt of the Earth." :) 5// Guy recently had to sell his dirt-bike, a sacrifice if there ever was one. Riding was his thing. He wallowed in misery for several months before he was able to purchase a remote control car, a temporary substitute for riding dirt-bikes. He is back to his manly ways, just on a smaller scale. <Does that sound funny? haha 6// I know, I know. Beau. Again. I don't have human children, so get use to Beau pictures! I don't have much to say, except that I just love his tongue. 7// Dead Grass. I am continuing to learn how to use my camera, and am becoming faster at knowing what settings to change to create the image that I envision. I'm still struggling and still can be heard saying words I should not be saying when I can't figure it out. It is fun to have a new hobby, though. 8// Whenever I go on a hike, I always spend several minutes observing the numerous ant hills. It is so interesting to me. They just go about there business, doing their respective duties. I have followed trails of ants for 15+ feet, watching them carry things to their home. Don't you just love to watch ants? Neither does Guy. 9// The view from one of my hikes. I despise the Inland Empire, however have oddly become attached to it. I guess that is bound to happen when you live somewhere long enough. For all its smog, traffic, crime, and people, we have made some wonderful connections here. 10// Can you see what Guy almost stepped on? It was a GIANT tarantula. Guy and I have never encountered anything remotely dangerous on our hikes - until now. I get the heebie-jeebies whenever I think about that spider. I was disgusted, however could not pass up the opportunity to get some photos of the monster. And then, Beau decided to come and see what mom was doing and he ended up stepping on the spider. Then Guy and I both started yelling at Beau to get away, and chaos ensued. I ran away. About ten minutes later I could not resist returning to the spider and getting a few more photos. It's like that thing that you don't want to see/do/encounter, but that weird sick part of you just can't resist. |











No comments :
Post a Comment