Well, we've made it. It took us ten hours to drive from the Inland Empire to the Napa Valley. We can thank our poor Mazda being loaded down with a trailer for the slow time it took to get up here.
We're getting settled, though. Our family has started calling us the vagabonds or the nomads. If that doesn't tell you how our married life has been then I don't know what will. We have moved 4 times in the last 3 years. And this is a temporary stop, so we will be moving again, probably in about 6 months.
I seriously crave having my own space, but not a temporary space, somewhere where I can say we'll be here for only God knows how long and that's pretty darn good with me. Alas, us vagabonds don't stay settled for very long.
I'll post some pictures this week of where we're staying. The house is all decked out for Christmas. I am not used to having so much stuff, but that happens *I was just pulled away to help my grandmother thread a needle. Instead of leaving a blog post to finish hours later because of my children's demands, it'll be because of my grandma. :) * Anyways, that's what happens when you live somewhere for 25 years.
I have some ideas about future posts based on me using my OT skills with my grandmother. We'll see how that goes once my fieldwork starts, though ...
On to Netflix. Last night Guy and I watched a movie called Starbuck (2011). It was filmed in Montreal and everyone speaks in French. I loved it, though. I would definitely recommend it. I had no idea but Vince Vaughn just was in a movie this November called The Delivery Man which is pretty much the exact same story as Starbuck. I watched the trailer for The Delivery Man and was not impressed. I would highly recommend Starbuck, though. IMDB.com describes the movie like this, "As his lover announces her pregnancy, a fortysomething slacker receives other life-changing news: 142 people, all of them the result of artificial insemination, have filed a class action lawsuit against him, their biological father." It is about family, taking responsibility, doing the right thing, and loving unconditionally. Plus, you'll probably want to have a baby after you see his newborn child. Or you'll get a lump in your throat when he spends the day with Raphael (who is Raphael? Watch to find out). Or you'll laugh when Avocat talks about raising kids.
Not convinced? Watch the trailer.
If you have seen the trailer for The Delivery Man, it looks almost exactly the same, I promise you this is a good one, though. My husband really liked it as well and he's not always big on babies and what not. :)
Until next time!
No comments :
Post a Comment